So my second project is the Beetlejuice Silhouette. You can see my Reindeer Head Canvas here.
Beetlejuice Silhouette Project
Don’t say his name three times or he comes! Ah!
- 3 wood slices
- 3 pieces of black yardstick
- Xacto knife
- Cutting board
- Stencils (I googled them)
- White or off-white paint (I chose acrylic satin)
- Wood sealer spray
- Finishing sealant spray
- Picture hanging clips
For the stencils, I used The Shadow Studio’s versions. Unfortunately, she no longer sells these on her etsy store, but you can still find images of them on Pinterest or google. I used these.
- Sand down your wood slices as prep to smooth the surface.
- Spray with wood sealer on both sides. Let dry overnight.
- Using a sponge paintbrush, carefully paint each slice with paint. I would suggest you do at least 2-3 coats, as the wood still soaks up the paint despite the sealer. Let dry.
- In the mean time, begin cutting out your silhouettes with your xacto knife. Be VERY careful, as there are spots where your knife can easily rip a connection.
- Modpodge each silhouette and position on each slice of wood. Go over the top of each silhouette with modpodge, then let dry.
- Finish it up by spraying each with finishing spray to seal it.
Here they are with my Halloween decorations. 🙂
And here they are with James and I, for our Christmas card shoot, images courtesy of the very talented and handsome Esteban Raposo.
Have a “Jazzy” Christmas, love the Maya’s!